Tuesday, January 20, 2009

10 Days Until the BIG DAY!

10 more days...
10 more days until my daughter's 1st birthday. I absolutely cannot believe it. Yes of course this year has gone by quickly, but slowly at the same time. Both Mike and I at times have been anxious for the next step whether it was eating solids, sleeping through the night, crawling, (and now) walking. But we need to constantly remind ourselves to enjoy every minute of it. And now as her infant days are drawing nigh and we look towards toddlerdom, I'm getting very nostalgic and sappy. I want everything to freeze. I want to hold my Beauty like this forever, before she is constantly squirming to get down and explore the world for herself. I am so looking forward to her walking around, putting words together, telling me what is in her little head and heart...but at the same time- I love guessing. THE FACES she makes! They just kill me. Of course I think she is the most beautiful baby (kid!) in the world, but what I most proud of are her expressions. They are so, for a better word, expressive! She reacts to so much; it just makes me think that there is just so much inside waiting to get out. I can't wait to hear/see/feel it with her.

But, again. Those first few days, the first smells, the first time I got to hold her, the first outfit, first time feeding her...all those firsts. Oh how I miss them! I just can't believe that she was given to me to take care of for life. What an honor. Don't get too old too fast please. I love you so much Carys girl.

No comments: