Sunday, July 13, 2008

New Carys Updates


Hi all!  I realized I have not shared much about what has been going on with us- especially Carys.  It's been a crazy time and through it all Carys continues to get more amazing, more curious, more adorable, more hungry and is doing all kinds of new things.  So I thought I would organize my thoughts and memories here:

  • Sleeping through the night:  For the past 2-3 weeks, I would say that she has slept through the night 70% of the time.  I don't really know what to expect quite yet, but I am thankful for the nights that I get to sleep all the through, but also for the special quiet times where we get to hang out and she eats in the peace of the night.
  • SOLIDS:  We decided to start on her 5 month birthday.  For two reasons: 1. She was showing all the signs of being ready- showing interest in my food, pawing at food, being more hungry, etc. 2. I just wanted to be able to remember the date that she started solids easily.  :)  Lazy butt am I.  Solids have been hilarious!  We have taken some hilarious videos, but I just don't seem to have the time to upload them to youtube and then here.  If anyone has a faster suggestions- let me know.     Rice cereal was first and that went really well. ~She's had three days of carrots so far (today was almost a whole jar!!).~ I think we are supposed to start a fruit tomorrow, if anyone has any suggestions on any of this-let me know. ~And yes if you are wondering- her poop is getting alot more dense, smelly and interesting.  I love it!
  • Giggles.  They are amazing.  The sweetest sound in the entire world.  Mike is actually better at getting them out of her.  And while at times I am jealous, I am also really glad.  They have a special relationship, just like she and I have- just different.  I am so happy that my baby's Dad can light up her world like that.  Again.  I have a video- just got to get it up there!!
  • Turning over.  It's so awesome.  The first few times she did it (from her stomach to her back) her eyes got soooo big.  But now I think she likes it.  It's so fun.  It's amazing how ELATED I get when she does these seemingly small things.  I couldn't cheer louder.  
  • Turning 360 degrees.  I try to have her on her stomach alot now- for the turning over and moving.  The first time it happened she was on her stomach and I was doing something in the room, can't remember, then all of a sudden I noticed that her head was facing 90 degrees to the left.  And she kept slowly inching around until she was back to the beginning.  Incredible.
  • Just can't stop loving her to pieces!!!
Now all these things didn't just happen in a week or anything, but time is starting to speed up and blur.  So I need to write it all down!

Well, time to wake her up and go to Erin's Ethiopian dinner.  Yum!  

2 comments:

Erin said...

You know how awesome it is to have all of this written down???? What great markers and memories. You're such an incredible mom to such a sweet baby girl. I'm proud to be the aunt! (And my bro's not too bad either....ha ha ha Love you too Mikey!)

sevnetus said...

You all are so cute and I wish you well. I respect what you have to do with a young baby. I know I'd want to sleep through the night. And I'm not looking forward to those diapers! Good luck and peace.